Wednesday, July 8, 2009

So far so good!

Just a few weeks into my job and I can honestly say that I am loving it! Of course, I've been on the "easy" side with the babies that are, for the most part, medically stable. There are some sad stories, even in the intermediate level, and I have come home from work every night extremely thankful for my life!

I am also feeling very blessed to have my job. I am aware that the nursing job outlook is dismal, and I know the Lord put me in this position for this time because He has a purpose for me. It is not simply a "job," but rather a ministry. When I was in college (the first time!), I was taught the importance of being a "Christian student" and not a "student Christian." In other words, the "Christian" part of my identity needs to be the overriding theme, not the student (or in this case, nurse) part. In a secular work environment, this could present a challenge. I just pray that, in all circumstances, I give God glory!

To celebrate my job, we decided to trade in our van (which was going to need a lot of work fairly soon), and get this:



One other really nice part of being DONE with school is the free time. When I get home from work, I still have the "mom" tasks to do (dinner, cleaning...although Luke and I believe that to "divide and conquer" is the best route), but that's it. We have enjoyed the freedom and have spent time riding bikes, going swimming, and enjoying west Michigan. Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks:












1 Comments:

At July 9, 2009 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Brie said...

So glad you're loving your new job! Nice new wheels...and much cooler than a minivan :) I'm missing the western Michigan sunsets so much...hopefully I can take hubby away for a weekend for his birthday when we're there in a couple weeks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter