Monday, February 16, 2009

Still alive

Wow--it has been forever since I updated this blog. And, for the two people who actually care--sorry! I am a big fan of reading other people's blogs, but not so good about updating mine! Sorry!

Life continues to move a break-neck speed for me and my family. I have ONE clinical rotation left in nursing school and then graduation! I have a couple of job leads and had a great interview for my dream job, but the economy in Michigan is so bad that even nurses can't find jobs. Sigh.

On a totally different note....our dishwasher died. The pump no longer works. AGAIN! We replaced this part 1.5 years ago, and now it's broken again. We decided that we are going to replace the dishwasher rather than repair it. Thank goodness for that emergency account (because, in my house, a broken dishwasher IS an emergency!)

On yet a totally different note, I have become pretty "thrifty" over the past few weeks. I am now making all of our own bread, making my own laundry detergent, and I even rinsed out and reused a sandwich bag. I guess the current economy has me thinking of ways to be less wasteful. Of course, I refuse to give up my DVR on the TV (unless it's that or eat!), so I'm not totally thrifty yet!

And, to wrap up this totally random post....I brought both girls to the eye doctor today. Mandy's vision hasn't changed since she got glasses at the age of 3, and Kayla's eyes are still perfect! Kayla was highly traumatized by the doctor wanting to actually look at her (she's a bit on the, um, shy side), but she recovered in time for him to do enough of the exam where he can still bill for it.

I promise it won't be so long before I write again :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter