Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some randomness

I often feel that the best parts of life are the random events that just happen. As a parent, the random comments my children make keep me in stitches. Here are a few examples:

Mandy (after a really loud "toot"): My toot sounds like a drum!

Mandy (she's the queen of random comments; this particular one was made during a very loud thunderstorm): "We need to pray that Jesus is careful." Upon further questioning she exclaims (and with a bit of frustration because *I* am not understanding her): "SO HE DOESN'T HURT HIS HAND WHILE HE BOWLS!" I told the girls that thunder and lightening was just the angels bowling up in Heaven, and she extrapolated it to mean that Jesus must also be bowling. Her insightfulness and concern amazed me!

Kayla: Mom, do you HAVE to walk me to school? (Um, hello...you're THREE! Of COURSE I have to walk you to school!)

Another current favorite Kayla story I have is from yesterday. She took a piece of paper, folded it up, and got on her hands and knees and pretended to scrub the floors. (As an aside, I should've really put her to work because my floors are long overdue!) As she was "scrubbing," she was singing the song from Cinderella "Sing, Sweet Nightingale" It was absolutely adorable. And for those parents who don't believe TV has an influence on their children, I want to vehemently disagree. My daughters act out EVERYTHING they see on TV (one of the main reasons we limit their TV viewing!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter