Thursday, August 7, 2008

Almost time for vacation!

Woohoo! Three semesters of nursing school down, two to go! I can hardly believe it! I am so grateful for this opporunity to go back to school, and I am so thankful that the Lord has provided amazing sitters for my girls so that I don't feel that guilty for leaving them (Thank you, Anna and Ericka!) After a bumpy start, I ended the semester strong, and I am now DONE!

But, "done" as a mom is entirely different than "done" to the rest of the world, especially when you're planning your high school reunion and leaving for a 2000 mile (each way!) road trip--all in the same weekend. I've been trying to clean the house (you know, the kind where you're on your hands and knees washing baseboards), get the packing done for the trip, deal with drama from planning a high school reunion (seriously, people--we are DONE with high school, let's not keep acting like it!), and still be a fun mom! Thankfully the girls have VBS every morning this week, so I am getting some desperately needed "me-time." Today I even was able to take a nap :-) Yes, that means life is VERY good!!

So, if I'm quiet over the next few weeks, rest assured that we are on vacation, having a good time (I hope!) and celebrating the marriage of my brother-in-law, Logan, to Staci. I am SO EXCITED to have a sister-in-law who is an adult (although, I love the other ones a lot, too!), and I am so grateful that the Lord brought her to Logan. Staci and I talk on the phone all the time and are building a great relationship.

Have a great rest of the summer! I FINALLY feel that I'm on summer vacation--amazing what NOT being in school can do for ya!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter