Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sooo....

I'm done with labs for this semester of nursing school. That is six hours less of class per week, less homework, less quizzes, and less money paid to a babysitter. I'm also officially halfway through nursing school (2.5 semesters to go!) It has gone fast, that's for sure.

My next clinical rotation is psychiatric nursing. Maybe I'm over-confident, but I'm guessing this rotation will be a breeze. That psychology degree and half my MSW BETTER come in handy for something! The best part of this rotation (okay, there are two of them): No 7 AM start times and no awful nursing school uniforms (business casual!) Did I mention there are no 7 AM start times? The thing I'll hate about this rotation is getting out at 6:30 PM (thus the only perk to a 7 AM wake up time). Oh yeah....I have been assured that there is nothing contagious in this rotation. After last rotation and ALL THE ISOLATION PATIENTS I HAD (!), this will be a refreshing change.

We watched the movie "Amazing Grace" with our Bible study last night. I have seen this movie before, but it remains powerful everytime I see it. http://www.amazinggracemovie.com/ My favorite line from the movie is "I am a great sinner, but my God is a great Saviour." If you have not seen it, I strongly urge you to rent it (or go ahead and buy it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter