Monday, March 24, 2008

Been a little bit

Well, I've been SICK for almost a week now. My fever started on Tuesday, March 18, and on Monday, March 24, I STILL have a fever! I finally went to the doctor yesterday (Easter Sunday) and was diagnosed with the flu. The 7-14 day variety. Oh, PLEASE let me have the 7 day kind (then I'm almost done!) But, I'm in nursing school and have been plugging away, even getting to my clinicals (I bet all the patients there would LOVE knowing their student nurse really runs almost a 103 degree fever without the 4 motrin, 2 tylenol, and sudafed she's taking). Don't worry, I washed my hands a LOT and didn't touch anyone (other than one patient's belly)

Today is a special day for me and Luke: Nine years ago he proposed to me. And, I think he's still glad he did it! I'm sure glad I said "yes!" to him, too! This June will be our 8th wedding anniversary!

The kids are doing great. Kayla is keeping me VERY busy, doing things I expected her to do a year ago (climb on the counter and turning the water on in the sink, for example). The Easter candy is in a bucket on the counter, and I saw her sifting through it this morning while singing the Sunday school song, "Oh be careful little hands what you touch!" She somehow is missing the connection between her actions and her words! Mandy is now reading and is looking forward to her birthday party on Saturday (PLEASE pray for health!) Think of me often as there are going to be a LOT of little girls at this not-so-big house!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter