Friday, February 15, 2008

Queen of shots!

Yup, that's me! It was a busy day in clinicals as we had the opportunity to give a variety of vaccines in a very short amount of time. People were given immunizations for yellow fever, typhoid, the flu, MMR, tetanus, and some other things. It was fun, but a bit stressful when working with children. We used a small needle that has a tendency to come off when the cap is pulled off, and wouldn't you know it happened to ME as I was trying to give an injection. My faculty advisor was great about it and let me know that it happens (it actually happened to a clinician later that day), but it was still nerve-wracking! I, however, have a lot of confidence in my abilities now and feel very comfortable giving shots. Anyone want to roll up his sleeve?? We also had people in with asthma, ear infections, and all sorts of everyday ailments, and I was able to listen to lungs, look in infected ears, and do some patient education. I don't want to do primary care, but I really enjoy working with people and promoting health!

Mandy informed me the other day that when she grows up, she wants to be a nurse just like mommy! I was so proud! Kayla, however, informed me that she wants to be a dog when she grows up. I guess she listened to me when I told her she could do anything she wanted!

I'm off to do a weekend of homework--my goal is to get caught up and maybe even ahead a little bit!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter