Friday, January 18, 2008

What a week!

This week has been super busy here! I'm in school 4 days a week for classes and/or lab. This week I learned how to give medications and shots and a whole lot about pregnancy and childbirth. I learned a ton (and I have two kids!), so I couldn't imagine what it would be like to learn all this information without anything to relate it to!

I also managed to go for a few runs this week. I'm glad I got it in because it's supposed to be REALLY cold and snowy tomorrow (and for the next few days). Days like that have me looking for nursing jobs in Florida (and no, I don't want to move!) Our poor dog, Coco, detests going outside (and I don't blame her!). Oh yes, I also did the entire pilates DVD again on Wednesday and was just mildly sore the next day. I'm already feeling increased flexibility...woohoo!! I'm still looking at running some races in March (a 15K, which is over 9 miles), so I really need to get back to the gym and on a treadmill.

Oh yes--Wednesday was an AWESOME day! Mandy and Kayla both saw the eye doctor that day, and I was quite sure that Kayla would need glasses (per the doctor's estimate last year) and that Mandy would need her prescription changed. Well, NEITHER PREDICTION CAME TRUE! Mandy's eyes have remained virtually unchanged since October 2006, and Kayla's eyes are perfect and unchanged from last year. Both the girls did really well and the doctor commented that he was able to do a more complete exam on them than he is able to do on most children. I was so proud :-)

So....what I'm thankful for this week:

1) Not killing someone when giving my first shot. I was shaking (not a good way to give an injection!), but the professor said I did great!

2) My kids' eyes

3) The fact that spring is just 2 months away (I'm already counting down!)

4) My husband...he totally rocks! Last night I went to the store, and came home to a spotless kitchen and bathed children...and he did it without ANY prompting (my mother-in-law raised him well!)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter