Friday, January 4, 2008

My very first post

So, this is my very first post--Welcome! I never thought that I would do a blog. I don't anticipate this to be something that many people visit, but rather a place for me to reflect on my day (or if I'm really analytical, my life!)

2008 is the year of gratitude. Not being thankful and appreciative of what I have is, in my opinion, something that has caused me (and my family) hurt. Not being thankful for what I have causes me to lose sight of what's important and focus on things (usually material things). I won't be happy with a new fridge, a great wardrobe, or new carpet (although a good night sleep could help my mood tremendously right about now!) All those "things" can't fill me up; Christ, and Christ alone, can.

Life right now is pretty good for me and Luke. Our children are healthy! For most people, that might not seem like a big deal. For my family, however, this is HUGE! Since November of 2002, there have been 18 admissions to the hospital for my family. This does NOT count the delivery of the children, Mandy's kidney surgery or her ear surgeries, or my surgeries. This is just illness related admissions. We are VERY thankful for health!!

Our children are also growing and seeking after the Lord. Mandy is really close to making her own personal decision for Christ. She is starting to understand the concept of sin, the idea that Jesus died on the cross for her sins, and that not obeying mommy and daddy is a sin! She prays spontaneously and truly has a joy for the Lord. Kayla is almost 3, still alive (her cuteness and God's grace kept her alive today--she was a PISTOL!), and brings so much joy to us!

So, as I go through this journey...welcome! Feel free to comment on anything that you see!

Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter