Friday, February 1, 2008

What a week!

The end of a busy week is here, but there is no rest for the weary! The flu hit our house this week, but thankfully it spared the children in the house. Luke started in Saturday night and I started in Monday afternoon. We were able to get on anti-virals right away, and that greatly improved the situation, but being sick is NOT fun.

Being sick meant that I missed class on Tuesday. I ONLY have class on Tuesdays; the rest of my week involves labs or clinicals. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy about it, but there was nothing I could do about it!

Now that I'm fully recovered, I need to get back to the gym and back to my healthy lifestyle. With all the parties for Kayla, we've eaten a LOT of pizza, pop, cake, and ice cream! It's been fun, but not for my waistline. My goal is to get to the gym tomorrow and run 3 miles (and then come home and take a nap). I can't wait until I can go running outside again. Running on a treadmill is SO BORING!

Speaking of Kayla....we went and bought her a "big girl bed" tonight. Actually, we ended up getting furniture for BOTH girls (Mandy's dresser was purchased for $5 at a garage sale 5.5 years ago and isn't in the greatest shape). Kayla has been in a toddler bed, but we decided to go ahead and get her the rest of her bedroom furniture now (thank you for the refund, Uncle Sam!) We're getting the furniture on Tuesday, and then we (Luke!) has the "fun" of getting it all out of the package and arranged in the room. I expect to be there to supervise (which I do quite well, thank you very much!). I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that not being in something that resembles a crib won't have Kayla getting out and wandering the house at all hours of the night! It's hard to believe that, in just a few days, I won't have a crib in my house anymore! We really are at the end of the baby stage here. Part of me is really excited, but part of me is so sad that the baby stage is OVER. It has gone too quickly...I blinked and they became little girls. (Okay, there were some REALLY long days in there, but OVERALL it went quickly!) We are still prayerfully pursuing adopting a child, but that is several years down the line.

That's it for now. I have my first nursing test on Tuesday, so any prayers would be welcome. Please also pray for a friend of mine, Stacy, whose little boy, Noah, goes in for his third (and final) heart surgery on Tuesday. He's not yet two years old and has been a trooper throughout his whole ordeal. I will update on him as soon as I know more.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 2, 2008 at 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are all feeling better! I hope Kayla enjoys her "big girl" bed and that Mandy finds peaceful sleep on her "new" mattress!!

You sis

 
At February 5, 2008 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

So glad you are over the flu, yuck! I am sure the room set up will turn out great. Are you going to be a Labor/Delivery Nurse? If so how cool, I'd love that!
Jenny

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter