Friday, February 29, 2008

Can I just say....

...that I am so thankful for "spring" break! I put spring in quotes because I'm looking out my window to another 2-3 inches of snow (on top of the over foot of snow we already have). But, I am on spring break and am thankful! I finished my first clinical rotation and go back to mother/child (labor and delivery) mid-March. I am looking forward to learning something new! I'm going to the Detroit area this evening to visit my friend, Sara, from college. I haven't seen her in several months and I am very much looking forward to spending some quality time with her and her family. My other plans for spring break include maybe taking the kids to the zoo (it's still free through March), cleaning out some closets, and doing a LOT of homework. Exciting, huh! I don't want to do homework, but I know I will be loving myself if I get at least one of two major projects done over break!

This week has been expensive....Luke's car needed major repairs and then we had a plumbing bill (do you know it's expensive to replace fixtures in an old house because you have to bring things up to code?!) We are praying about putting this house on the market when I graduate from nursing school, so just fixing the faucet in the tub didn't seem like the best option. We know that this hosue will need to pass inspection in order to sell, so home repairs are being done correctly! There are many reasons (not just for selling purposes), but because as Christians, we feel that it would be wrong to sell our house with things not fixed properly. *I* certainly don't want to buy a hosue from someone who just does a "hodge-podge" job of things! So, since the week has been expensive, we are just going to play our game of "how little money can we spend!" We've gotten very good at it over the last few years :-)

On a sad note, my great uncle passed away yesterday morning. He was a man who loved the Lord and served the Lord, and he is in Heaven able to walk, talk, and be with the Lord. There is nothing sad about that! It's sad, though, for those left behind. I was not that close to him, but seeing the process of grieving in my parents and grandparents (it's my Grandma's brother) is difficult. We don't grieve like those who have no hope, though!

I think that's all for now! Happy "spring break" to everyone!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter