Monday, August 4, 2008

Whew!

24 hours now, I'll be taking my final for this semester of nursing school. I AM SO READY TO BE DONE! Summer is a rotten time (in my opinion!) to be in school up to 30 hours a week.

This week is shaping up to be a busy one! We have my 10 year high school reunion on Saturday (I still feel 18, even if I *am* starting to get these fine lines around my eyes), and on Sunday, Luke and I (and the girls, of course!) are leaving to DRIVE to Washington state.

Yes, I said drive. Yes, I know it's 2000 miles each way. Yes, I know that 3 and 5 year-olds don't always travel well. No, I couldn't afford airline tickets. Even with gas at it's current ridiculous price, we will still save almost $1500 by driving--that's including food, hotel, gas, and a little bit of fun along the way. Luke and I are borrowing my parents' Garmin (a GPS), I bought some new toys and coloring books for the girls, we have a portable DVD player, and I might even throw some ear plugs in for good measure :-) We plan on stopping at Mt Rushmore, Glacier National Park, Wall Drug, the World's Largest Buffalo (if we can find it--my dad really wants us to see it!), and various Mc Donald's and rest stops along the way.

I am thankful that we have the ability to travel. Our main reason for visiting is to see Luke's brother, Logan, get married to an amazing young woman named Staci. We are so thankful that God has brought the two of them together.

Well, I ought go now and study for this final!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter