Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The best laid plans...

So, I don't know the exact saying, but we all know what happens to the best laid plans: KIDS GET SICK AND THE PLANS GO OUT THE WINDOW!

At this point in time, you are probably sensing that I am a bit irritated. Thankfully it's not at my children, but rather at their immune system. School started Tuesday, Sept. 2 for Mandy. Kayla was sick Sept. 3, 4,and 5th. On Sunday (Sept 7), Mandy was sick, and was sick until Sept. 9. On Saturday (Sept. 13), Kayla woke up sick and was sick through Sunday. Today is now Tuesday and Mandy woke up this morning with a low-grade fever and a croupy sounding cough. She's doing much better now (amazing what a good nap and some hot liquid can do), and she should go to school tomorrow.

But, my plans....oh, they are gone.

You see, Mandy is in school 5 mornings a week; Kayla goes to preschool Tuesday and Thursday mornings. That gives me TWO MORNINGS A WEEK ALONE! I was going to do exciting things, like go for a long run, read a book without pictures, or even take a nap.

But, the kids have been sick on the days they are supposed to BOTH be at school!

On the positive light, I am extremely thankful that I have been able to be home with them for the majority of their illness. I'm even more thankful that my immune system (and Luke's!) is past the "look at a virus and get sick" stage (aka, we're still healthy)

And, given the fact that I am in my pediatric rotation for nursing school and have seen a multitude of illness, I am even more thankful that we are not at the hospital. We have done our part in supporting the local children's hospital, thank you very much.

I did get to take a nap with Mandy this morning. It was wonderful to just spend quality time with her (even if she does have snot coming out of her nose--it just adds to her cuteness!)

Pass the purell, anyone?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter