Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Today...

...my "baby" is graduating from kindergarten!

I seriously think I am going to cry! This year has been an amazing year for her, and our family is so thankful for her teacher. (Okay, I AM crying now!)

When I look at who Mandy is, I am in awe. When she was so sick and in and out of the hospital her first year of life, I had difficulty looking past the immediate situation and into the future. I wish I could've had just a glimpse at who she is today as it would've helped me better cope with the realization that her illness was a temporary part of her life and didn't define who she was. Except for the surgical scar on Mandy's right side and the PICC line scar in her left arm, there are no visible traces of her illness. God has certainly been good!

Here is a picture of Mandy,leading her classroom in the song "Amazing Grace."



As a parent, it truly doesn't get any better than to see your child growing in God!

PS In case you were wondering, the job that I am going to start is as an RN in the NICU at a children's hospital near me

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 9, 2009 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Joylynn Rasmussen said...

Congrats on graduating from kingergarten Mandy! Love, Auntie Joy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter