Tuesday, June 2, 2009

(Im)patiently waiting

So, the waiting part is the hardest part! I'm not a patient person. It's actually a genetic principle in my family to be impatient, and it goes back several generations (hello, Grandpa!) In fact, I have often joked that the Lord knew what He was doing when He had me deliver my girls 2 and 3 weeks early. I'm the type of parent who can't wait for Christmas and begs her husband to PLEASE let the girls open at least one present early!

But, there are times I have to wait.

Right now, I am waiting on the state of Michigan. You would think, given the depressed economy in this state, that they would hurry and get paperwork moving. You know, so people who do have jobs lined up could start them. I have been waiting for over a month for the state to update my license application for nursing. Everything has been submitted, but the person who is in charge of actually entering the information in the computer has yet to update MY application! And because of that, I can't take my nursing boards. No nursing boards = no license. No license = no job start. No job start = very poor!

My hope was that I would start my job June 22, but the likelihood of that is slim to none. My new target date is probably going to be mid-July. I value the time I get with my family, but I REALLY don't want to lose the skill set that I just recently learned (it's been almost two months since I was even IN a hospital!)

So, please pray for me. Not patience (I NEVER pray for patience!), but rather that my paperwork comes through quickly!

In the meantime, I'm sure there's a closet somewhere in my house that needs attention!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 3, 2009 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh man Melissa.... I hope the ball starts rolling soon....
Email me what job you are hoping to be starting! I must have missed that one!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter