Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Orientation is over...

...and the work of being an RN begins!

So far, I've done two days on the floor. They started me with the babies that are almost ready to go home, and they will gradually work me to the most critical babies.

I'm glad they started me where they did. I had the opportunity to hold lots and lots of babies. I know my job isn't "baby holder," but I enjoyed having that at least part of my job description!

After only two days, I have come to the following conclusion: Be very, very, VERY careful as to what you name your child! How the word is usually pronounced and how you choose to pronounce it should probably be the same. A beautiful baby had a name that sounded really nice, until I realized it was spelled in a way that made it look like a not so nice word)

At this point, I should probably stop in the blog and make sure I mention that I will never, ever, ever give details about anything related to patients and/or families. I don't want to violate their privacy (or lose my job). So, don't ask for any details, because I won't give them! More often than not, I won't talk about work at all (other than I held an adorable baby that smiled at me, or something really inconsequential like that)

Enough of that...I'm sure you all get the point!

And, to all my nursing friends getting ready to take their boards: GOOD LUCK!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter