Monday, June 22, 2009

Just a quick update

..No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth!

I've been enjoying life!

I had a wonderful vacation in Washington state, saw my brother-in-law get married, and TOOK MY NURSING BOARDS!

The funny thing? I took them in Portland, OR. I needed to take them ASAP so my license could get issued (couldn't start my job without it), and Portland had an open testing center.

God worked it all out, though. My now sister-in-law let me borrow her car. My parents arranged for me to have dinner with my former pastor and his wife (from when I was 4) and I spent the night with some friends of my parents (whom they hadn't seen in 36 years! Christmas cards and facebook kept them in touch!) The people with whom I met up with and stayed were wonderful, warm, Godly people who were so welcoming and comforting! Both couples prayed over me for peace and wisdom as I took my boards.

The prayers worked, because I passed! I took my boards in 40 minutes, and had the minimum amount of questions. I was calm and peaceful, and I know that was God!

So, now I'm home. I'm a RN, employed in my dream job, and just enjoying this "new normal!" While all exciting, this is a total change for our marriage. I have never worked full-time, and even my busiest weeks of nursing school didn't have me gone 36 hours/week. I now have to learn the art of balance and prioritizing. Thankfully, Luke is more than patient with me!

On another note...Wednesday is our NINTH wedding anniversary! Crazy, huh!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter